There has been a bit of a buzz in the SEO community this week with the announcement from Google about their new version of Google. Essentially it is still in a testing (sandbox) phase, and they have opened it up for feedback. I still have to see some real major differences, but it does show some slight changes in the algorithm.
Some quick points noted about Google Caffeine :
- Image results seem to have lower priority.
- Search results appears to be about 50% faster.
- Larger index size.
- A different sensitivity to keywords in domain names.
Caffeine Comparison Tool
As always we like comparisons to be easy, like the Google / Bing Comparison, so I chopped the tool around to do a comparison between Google and the new Google Caffeine version and it’s located at www.comparecaffeine.com .Give the tool a run and see for yourself the differences.
Given the amount of feedback I’ve gotten, I decided to implement some changes:
- Added .CO.UK version , the tool is now available in .COM / .CO.UK / .DE & .IE versions
- Ability to see more than 10 results, now has the option to show 10/20/50/100 SERPs
- Personalised search is turned off. Result changes on the current version of Google SERPs won’t be effected by what you have clicked / searched previously.